Bolex International SA
15 Route de Lausanne
CH - 1400 Yverdon-les-Bains
- The company Paillard bought Bolex in 1934/35. As a result a later Bolex-products are labeled "Paillard-Bolex" until the company got renamed to "Bolex International SA" in 1970.
- Until approx. 1970: all Bolex-products have been designed and produced by Bolex in Switzerland.
- Approx. 1970: Bolex and Eumig merged their research-teams and all "Bolex"-Super8-products now got produced by Eumig and hence are labeled "Made in Austria". (The 16mm-products haven't been affected by these contracts.)
- Approx. 1974: Some of the "Bolex" products show up with "Made in Japan"-stickers. According to the Bolex Collector they've been made by Chinon. From now on you'll also encouter some "Bolex"-products that are "Made in USA" (most likely made by B&H). Some of the projectors are now also "Made in Italy" (made by Silma).
- Bolex can still service Bolex and Eumig cameras / projectors
- Some additional manuals can be found on apecity.
- Link to a French list of Bolex-super8-cameras (PDF).
- Link to an Italian list of Bolex-made cameras
- The Bolex Collector has got some usefull information as well
- (service) manuals, ... (mainly German)
Pages in category "Bolex"
The following 45 pages are in this category, out of 45 total.