The Super 8 Wiki contains 2,093 articles. Jump in to edit some pages and help us make this wiki useful for the Super 8 community. To discuss this Wiki visit the discussion tab above. To try editing, visit the Sandbox. Visit our Sample camera article as a general example for how your new articles should look like.
Because of spam, you will be asked to create a login before you can save your edits. If you create an account you can change your preferences to select a skin with no ads.
Prices in the Wiki
When taking a look at the prices for used devices, you should also take a look at the timestamps:
- The prices for Single8-cameras dropped significantly in 2007-2009 after Fuji announced to axe its Fujichrome RT200N/R25N by 2010/2012.
- The prices for Super8-cameras dropped when Kodak axed the Kodachrome 40 in 2005 and dropped significantly when Kodak axed the Ektachrome 100D by the end of 2012.
- Since then the prices for splicers, editors, ... also dropped a little bit. However the prices for the "top of the line"-projectors remained stable.
- Some prices heavily depend on your location on this planet: E.g. cameras made in the USSR and Czechoslovakia are pretty common in the former Comecon-countries (including the now re-united Germany), while they're pretty rare in the USA and Canada. There are also some Italian or Japanese devices that are nearly unknown elsewhere. Hence sometimes it's much cheaper to buy devices from a seller on another continent than from one in your own country (despite the shipping costs).
- Prices for anamorphic lenses and attachments increased drastically the last years (as most of them could also be used in combination with video-cameras and beamers).
Update: Other formats
Important update: The Super 8 Wiki now contains equipment and information about other formats (i.e. Single8, 16mm, ...) as well, so please check the equipments' categories twice before buying non-super8-devices by mistake.
Important pages & categories
- Super 8 List by Manufacturer - special thanks to Anssi Puistot for allowing us to copy data from his original Super 8 list
- FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- Comparison charts - articles and charts that compare equipment
- List by type: Cameras, Projectors, Splicers, Editor/Viewers, Accessories
- Film Stocks - List of current and discontinued film stocks
Repair and modification
- Repair - articles about fixing and improving movie cameras
- Festivals Events Fleamarkets - feel free to add a notice about your event
- Super 8 EKTACHROME 64T motion picture film exposed in old cameras - info for cameras built for K40
- Super 8 EKTACHROME 100D motion picture film exposed in old cameras - a list of the few cameras that will/might have problems with this filmstock
- Super 8 Cartridge Notch Ruler - to determine how your camera reads film speed notches
- Beaulieu 6008 to 9008 comparison - table of features across all these cameras
- Minolta XL-401/601 how to adjust meter, very easy to do yourself
- Leicina Special: Repair - tips on how to open the body and how to fix a loose zoom lens.
- Nikon 8x Super Zoom: Disassembly - including shutterless modification
- Manuals - some manuals that have been uploaded into the super8wiki